Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Conferences and Trainings, that's what life's about...

February 29, 2016

I never never never thought this day would come! I am back in Chillan!!! (her very first area Bulnes, was close to Chillan, they would go grocery shopping in Chillan on P-days) WOHOOO. I don´t have much to write about my sector since I only know like 1/4 of it...but I will tell you what I do know, 
My companion is AMAZING!!! She is Hermana Romero from Mexico!!! She is a convert of 2 years. She is going home in May. We are doing very well, or at least I think so. We are teaching in Unity and we have only been together for a week. We found a couple investigators and all of them accepted fecha, which is amazing. We had 5 investigators con fecha en la iglesia y otros sin fecha. (with a baptismal date at church and others without a date) Wow I feel like I have LOTS TO DO. 

I live with 2 other sisters from another sector in Chillan. Hermana Dominguez from Mexico and Hermana Diaz from Canada, she is half Latina. In my Hermana Group there are 4 other sisters, Hermana Ovando, Hermana Farnsworth, Hermana MINER (YAY I AM SO HAPPY!!!!) and Hermana Guymon (she is NEW). But I love it. Really my life is not any different than any other missionary. It's the same, just being an example no mas and going to conferences and doing mini cambios with other sisters. I will start those next week.
. 
We had a very spiritual baptism yesterday! I really can´t explain how it was. She was so happy and smiling and I wish you could have seen her face. She was filled with the spirit! I love Hermana Margarita!!!! 

This week I woke up early EVERY day to go to Concepcion or some other meeting. But it is all worth it!! Several missions here in South America had a SPECIAL conference from Elder Bednar. He is my favorite!!!  We had to prepare by reading a series of talks, ASK IN FAITH, CONVERTED UNTO THE LORD, and SEEK LEARNING BY FAITH. I invite you all to read them. They are Amazing talks and have inspired a lot of my mission from here on out! I want my investigators to find their own conversion, as well as my family and friends and future family! I don't have enough time to share all my notes. But the most important thing I learned is that when I go to a fireside or a devotional or a conference, I need to take notes on my SMALL plates of Hermana Poulson, and not the LARGE plate. That means pay attention to the spirit and what the spirit says to me instead of just writing down exactly what the speaker says. GRACIAS ELDER BEDNAR!!!!

Also I had a new leaders conference and talked a lot about the need to be an example. God can do all things. He will help me in my weaknesses. I found a quote in PME, “There is no more compelling work than this, nor any which brings greater satisfaction. … We challenge you to rise to a new sense of commitment to assist our Father in Heaven in His glorious work.” I know that is true. I love my calling to serve as a missionary. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for his work. I know that I am the happiest I have ever been and it's because I have found the satisfaction of committing myself to serve the Lord with all my HEART, MIGHT, MIND AND STRENGTH. 

Yeah that's about it from me. Just know that I love you all and that I know that no matter what you are going through this gospel will help you. This week I witnessed so many miracles and in every lesson there was the spirit. I don´t want to live a day of my life without the spirit. Please live the gospel so that you can have the spirit with you!!!

Besitos a todos!
Hermanita Poulson













No comments:

Post a Comment