Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rule #1 DON'T Pray for Humility

March 21, 2016

SO I will start off with this. Claudia and Fransisco are AWESOME!!! They received the Holy Ghost yesterday. They really are so prepared to be members. Fransisco is going to get the priesthood and get a calling in the stake as a scout director, something that they have been praying for for a long time! HOW amazing! GOD answers prayers!!!! They are a young family and have a 3 year old boy named Augustine, and he is my boyfriend. We always go to his house and we have to listen to Lion King before we can share a message. We watched the Restoration with them last night and they invited their friends! HOW AMAZING!!!! I love working with the people here!!!!

Brenda, now this is a MIRACLE OF THE WEEK!!!, is a 26 year old. She has been investigating the church for a while. She shared with missionaries like 2 years ago and they didn´t get past the Word of Wisdom. But now we have taught her the law of chastity and Word of Wisdom and we helped her resolve some problems. When I say we I mean Me and my comp and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. So we can only meet with her once or twice a week and only the weekends. But she accepted EVERYTHING! When we talked about her baptismal date for 10 de abril she literally said: "Hermanas that's really far away. Can we change the date?" and if everything goes well she is getting baptized on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never had anyone change dates forward! We have shared with her for only a month and she is progressing like crazy! She is a referral from members so that's why she is so DANG AWESOME!!!!

Cristian is a joven (youth) of 15 años.(years) He is really awesome too! He is a referral too!!! And he as well is going to get baptized this Sunday. He thinks WAY too much and is really smart and nice. I can really say that I know I am here to help him specifically. He has investigated like all the religions. He feels really really good in the church and has lots of really really good questions.

Now here comes the humility part. I did my first mini cambio as a Sister Training Leader. I went to the other sector and the people asked me if I was new. And not because I was new to the sector, but they told me I couldn´t speak Spanish and that I wasn´t really acting like a missionary that has been out for over a year. And it didn´t stop there....In my own sector the contacts were really pesado (intense)....Hardly anyone understood me. A few people would call me and ask to talk to my companion because they didn´t want to talk to me. And I will stop there cuz its bringing back traumatic memories ;) But don´t worry. Hermana Romero said some really amazing things. I was at the point of crying and giving up. I just wanted to call and talk to someone that would understand...and luckily I have the best companion and friends, Hermana Romero and Hermana Miner. I told Hermana Romero that day that I was having a hard time and that I needed help (yeah  that was my point of humility....) And she explained that she knew I was having a hard week. We talked, She let me cry (not a lot I promise) and then we made a plan to not let Satan take control. And she gave me the best advice ever, she said in ENGLISH: "Have you prayed for humility? I will tell you something, DON´T PRAY FOR HUMILITY. okay?" I love her. Best advice ever! ;)
 
Today at the beach we were taking photos. I was crouching down and suddenly a wave comes and my bottom got wet and my name tag got washed away in the ocean. I screamed because it was SOOOOOO cold. And all the elders laughed....yeah pretty humiliating, but makes for some great stories!

Happy Easter! Hope you can all take a minute to think about Christs Sacrifice for you and what it means. I know that Christ loves us. He did everything for us. He even DIED for us. And I know with all my heart, without a doubt, that HE LIVES. I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Uno because it is la iglesia verdadera (the true church), y segundo because We have a LIVING CHRIST. He directs this church and we all can live and have a second chance. That is my favorite thing to share with people. That if they can just choose to follow Christ they will find their second chance at the life they want, and that God wants for them.

Con muchísimo amor del otro lado del mundo;) (With much love from the other side of the world)
Hermanita Poulson












No comments:

Post a Comment