Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Unexpected Changes...

February 22, 2016

Well as you know Cambios came and Sunday night at 10:18, justo despues de que entramos la casa, the phone rang. I looked at the name, because we don´t answer the phone in planning. And there was the name...Presidente Arrington. My mind started freaking out and I didn't know what to do. I answered and put it on Speaker phone so that Hermana Herrera could hear it too. 
"Hola Hermanas. ¿Cómo esta la obra en Cauquenes?" 
"Super Bien. ¡¡¡¡Hoy tuvimos 5 investigadores con fecha bautismal en la iglesia!!!!" Dije Yo. 
"Wow que Genial. Hablo con Hermana Poulson verdad?" 
"Sí Presidente..." 
"That's exactly who I wanted to talk to. Hermana Poulson, I am calling because God has another calling for you."
I was kinda freaking out at this point. He changed from Spanish to English to talk with me. And I was so scared that I just kept looking at my companion and crying. And she didn't understand English so it wasn't any help. 
"Hermana Poulson, Heavenly Father has called you to be a Hermana Leader. Will you accept this calling?"
A flood of emotions ran through my head. I was NOT EXPECTING THIS. I just wanted to be a normal missionary. But I guess Heavenly Father has a different plan. My brain is just a little confused and stressed and I need time to think. I have prayed and I know that Heavenly Father has confidence in me, even if that is something that I fault in myself. I want to cry. I am going to miss my investigators and my companion. I love Hermana Herrera like she is my sister. We have grown so much and I had so much confidence with her. I am so nervous, I don´t know what to think. I slept like 3 hours last night.

Anyways I just wanna talk about my week of MIRACLES. Which makes me REALLY sad that I am leaving Cauquenes. We progressed a TON with our investigators. Humberto made the hardest decision of his life. The only thing keeping him from progressing was his Girlfriend. She was literally doing everything she could to make it so that he wouldn't go to church or meet with us. So this week He BROKE UP WITH HER!!!!!! And he has been super super sad this week. We passed by his house everyday. And we helped him overcome his break up. I feel so incapable for this kind of stuff. 
Javier accepted to live the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. He is the bomb. Seriously I have never met anyone tan celestial como el.He told us his personal testimony of why he knows that these two commandments are important. Because he lived a crazy life before and now he has changed. I am so blessed that I got to know him and even though I will not be here for his baptism in 2 weeks I will know that I made some sort of an impact in his life. 
I wanna share the quote from my Mission President. Actually it is from Presidente Monson, this is how I feel,

 “Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly. This is our one and only chance at mortal life (or a mission) —here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive . . . future. Instead, find joy in the journey—now. My brothers and sisters, there is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today. Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us.. . .  We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us. Brothers and sisters, my sincere prayer is that we may adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey.” (President Thomas S. Monson)

LOVE, 
HERMANITA POULSON



No comments:

Post a Comment