Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Splits, Spirit and Success

March 7, 2016

So it's my second full week here in Copihues Chillan. And I love it!!! This ward is awesome, there are so many great members. We actually have lots of success here!! My companion and I are trying our best to be obedient and work hard. My companion is known as the hardest worker in the mission...
We had a really really crazy experience...so Hermana Romero almost died this week. She got really really sick on Monday but we kept working all week because we have cualquier persona para visitar (many people to visit)...which was a really really bad idea. I know how she feels...it's hard to be sick because you know it's not just you, it's your companion, the investigators and really it's Gods time so you don´t want to waste it. Finally we made it to Friday and she felt sick in the afternoon so we took it easy but we left with a sister that just got back from MEXICO!!!! (more about that in a bit). Saturday I thought she died on me...she slept until 5 and I left at 5:30 to do splits with a member. I left her in the house (with someone of course) and then left with the same sister, Hermana Elba Bustos, to visit all our people and try to find. I AM NEW TO THE SECTOR and I prayed a LOT to find where in the world I was! Heavenly Father heard and answered my prayers and I found the investigators house and the other citas que tuvimos. (appointments that we had)That was my great experience with splits. 

My comp ended up going to the emergency center (it was free, so the care wasn't all that great) and they hooked her up to an IV. But now she lives. AHHH I was so so so so worried that she wasn't okay. It's crazy how much you care about people and how lonely I felt without my compi!!! Never want to go through this again;)

We had a special conference with Presidente and the assistants. It was all about the theme of the Mission, EnseƱar Arrepentimiento y Bautizar Conversos. (Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts) I felt the spirit so strong. We broke up into groups and taught them about 5 key points: The Missionary Purpose, Teaching with the Spirit, Working with members, Compromisos y verificacion, and Repentance and baptism. Then all the missionaries asked questions, like deep questions and it was really really spiritual. I had to answers questions about how we can invite people to repentance and stuff every lesson. I just wanna share my thought (what the spirit taught me in that moment). We all need repentance, in PME it says that people won't change unless we invite them. So what we need to do is invite them to make the changes and then testify about Christ. I have learned sooo sooo much about the Atonement and I know without a doubt that the only way we can truly change is if we let Christ and His atoning sacrifice change us. I know that I am not the same person that I was before the mission. I have changed and become more devoted and more converted to the gospel of Jesuscristo. And that is what inspires me to repent everyday. We all need DAILY REPENTANCE and the commitment to come closer to Christ. 
SIDE NOTE, You all need to see the Easter video. I LOVE IT!!! I love that scripture in Corinthians, that we all are made alive through CHRIST!!! AHHH I LOVE IT!!!!!
I just wanna leave you all with my inspirational thought of the week, it comes from an elder here in the mission. "If God wants results he can get results. What he really wants is for us to CHANGE and to COME CLOSER TO HIM." So I can promise you that whatever trial you are facing is for a purpose. And He is going to help you through it.
 
I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!
Besitos Y sonrisas,
Hermanita Poulson





No comments:

Post a Comment