Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Celestial Investigators...Gods test of patience

February 15, 2016

Well it's the last week of cambios here in the mish. (transfers are next week)  It's crazy to think that like a month ago I came to Cauquenes scared to death and lost. But now I am ready to go out and take on the world of Abuelitos and Perros.(granddads and dogs) It's been a crazy adventure and I can´t wait to keep working hard. We have FINALLY been able to see progress!! We had a lot of investigators in church yesterday!! AND this week we hardly had support of the members because they are all on their last minute summer vacations.

I had a mini cambio with the Hermana liders in Parral and I stayed in Cauquenes. It was lots of fun. Hermana Santos (de Sao Paolo Brazil) came to be with me. We had about 5 citas fijas (fixed appointments) and the curse of mini cambios came and ALL THE CITAS FELL THROUGH. But no fear we walked a lot (15 miles) and lost a LOT of weight ;) I just wanted to cry and ask God why this was happening. But I learned the importance of a good attitude and praying for patience. God always will answer my prayers. Just not immediately. We had several good contacts and we talked a lot about the miracles of a mission. Even though there are unsuccessful days, it just proves that Heavenly Father is trying us to see if we have the Faith. And if we can do it. He has people prepared. 

Like my Progressing Investigators...

So we have a lot of investigators. But only a few are progressing. And those that are progressing are CELESTIAL!!! Humberto (who we found my first Sunday knocking doors) has fecha for this Saturday, but due to a slight complication... we need to change the date for March....But he has come to church every week. Even when his Girlfriend cut his hair ugly so that he wouldn't go. And now he has the Choice between Heavenly Father and the Restored Church of Jesus Christ and his Girlfriend. We are fasting and praying for him. He told us that he would call us and if she doesn't want to marry him that he is going to break up with her and get baptized anyways! I don´t know what I would do in a situation like that. He said something funny Saturday. He said that Hermana Herrera and I were sad because we left our pololos (boyfriends) in our countries to come here to Chile. And Hermana Herrera said "I am not sad. My love for Heavenly Father is greater than the love of any pololo."...Oh my email just doesn't convey the message.

Javier!!! CELESTIAL INVESTIGATOR!!!!! He is seriously PERFECT!!! He came from Iquique and works in Santiago. This week he just lost his job and is going to live in Cauquenes forever!!!! He came to church and felt the spirit so strong. He said that we came in just the right moment. He calls us the saving angels. And not in a creepy way, but that we saved him from the sadness that he would be experiencing. His family doesn't like the Church but he shared his testimony with them and stood up for us. I know that Heavenly Father has his people prepared to receive this gospel and that I am just an instrument in His Hands.

That inspired my favorite mission scripture. 
 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
 10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
¡¡¡¡¡LES AMO CALETA!!!!!
Hermanita Poulson
Today we went to the beach.
Gangster swag ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment