Saturday, September 26, 2015

5 empanadas and 20 lbs later...

September 21, 2015

Oh my this week has been a week of adventures and miracles. I feel like I say that every week but still there are so many amazing things that are happening and the Lord really is preparing the people to receive the message. 

I decided to do something different this week and write like a scripture for every day and explain a little about it.

MONDAY: Mosiah 4:27  And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.It was p day so we did our stuff in Conce and came back home and made cookies for the members of our ward. Elder Siaosi gave me a cookbook so I have been trying new recipes, Chilean cooking is WAY different, even if its just a bunch of rice and pollo and hotdogs. Hermana Heaton and I have been having lots of fun. She is an incredible missionary. I look up to her so much. She speaks Spanish better than me and she just has a love for the people here. They all love her so much and it's so easy to be her compànion. She loves working hard and we really are seeing the fruits of our efforts for the work we are doing. 

TUESDAY: 2 Nephi 25:23. For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.We had Zone Class. The Zone leaders talked a lot about our Metas. Or our Goals. As missionaries our whole life is planned out. We have specific goals that need to be met each day and if we do our part to meet our goals we will be blessed. I had to speak about how making goals has changed my mission. I felt helpless. I don't know if I am a good example of this or not - sometimes all I see in the columns are zeros But luckily with lots of prayers I was able to speak a little and share my testimony that if we really focus on setting and achieving goals we will see a difference in the work. I chose this scripture because of the GRACE AFTER ALL WE CAN DO. I love that promise that if we do our part Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are obligated to do theirs. 

WEDNESDAY: Alma 13:24  For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.Literally we had 8 lessons today. That has never happened in all my mission. We had 3 lessons with new people. 3 LESSONS!!! We found a family!!! The mom just had a baby but her other kids are older. But she said that she always wanted to know more about the Mormons but never knew if she was allowed to enter the church. So we had a lesson about the restauracion and invited her to church and the whole shabang. The only problem is that its 18 weekend and everyone is gone to the campo.... Oh well we will find her this week!!

THURSDAY:  We continued to do the work here and talk with literally everyone. The 6 pages that we have to fill up contacts have been filled up and we only have 2 weeks!!! We have tons of people to visit I just hope that the addresses are real. We have seen little miracles everyday. I love it. I really know that as we really commit ourselves to serving with all our heart that the miracles will keep coming. HAHA and apparently there was an earthquake yesterday so I emailed you guys and I guess you know I am alive and well and if I died I guess Presidente Arrington would call you;)

VIERNES: 2 Nephi 28:7 Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.Yeah I am not even joking. That is all we did all day. That is why the title of my email es así. We enjoyed the 18 with the members. We made about 250 empanadas with a member in the morning. And we ate literally so much food. At night we went to the Church activity and watched the people dance. They are amazing! Even the little nursery kids can dance la Cueca!!! I will send all the pictures of the day. It was so much fun and even though no one wanted to listen we still had fun!

SABADO:  All we do is teach and preach no matter what. Everyone was on vacations and if they were visiting Hualqui they did not want to talk to the missionaries. But oh well we just keep teaching and preaching. We did everything we could to get a Leccion con Miembro pero...nadie quería escucharnos. 

DOMINGO: D&C 59:9-10, 23.  And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day;
  For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High;  But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.We went to church of course. My companion and hermana Prettyman both spoke in church. It was awesome and next week hopefully Marlene will get baptized. We just keep praying and doing what we do and we know that if we are doing our part, and if it is the will of the Lord, she will get baptized. 

Okay that's about it. I love you guys and I am so so so blessed to have the BEST family in the world. I love you all more than you can imagine!!!

Hermana Poulson









1 comment: