Tuesday, September 15, 2015

New Beginnings...

September 14, 2015

Bueno Bueno. Un otro semana aquí en la mejor misión del mundo!!!! (Good Good. Another week here in the best mission in the world!) I had a great time this week getting to know my sector. It has been an adventure here with Hermana Heaton. She has 2 cambios in the mission but knows the language better than me. Its hard to have a gringa companion. Especially after a whole mission of latinas. Speaking of that some contact said that he was 110% sure that I was Chilean!! Made my day!! It`s weird being with a bunch of gringas. There are 4 of us. We all live in a little house. But don´t worry I love it. I love it here in Hualqui. Its like Bulnes only a LOT bigger and there is a ward instead of a tiny little branch. There are about 180 people on average that come to church each week. I feel like it is imposible to know all the members, but I am trying my best.

There are so many people preparing for 18. They celebrate with eating lots and lots of food. Its like a mix of 4th of July and Thanksgiving. So pretty much that means I am fasting this week!! JUST KIDDING!!! I am excited and we are doing lots of work. I love it here. 18 is a great time to get investigators because everyone is happy and wants to share with you. Also I have made empanadas and tortas and pajaritos. I love making food!!

There are some pretty great miracles here. The sector is huge and it was divided between the 2 companionships but now it is all open. So its kinda like whitewashing and opening a sector but not really. We have about 4 investigators that are progressing. Marlene is like 50 and has some mental problems but really has a desire to be baptized. She will be baptized the 27th. Richard is her brother and he also wants to be baptized but smokes a LOT. so we will work with him. Also we have Cristel who is like 12. Her grandma is a member menos activo and so they reactivated the family and Cristel will be baptized the 11th or so of October. 

There were some pretty crazy stuff that happened this week. A random guy came and asked me to dance la cueca (the national dance of Chile). We said we couldn´t dance. He said he would show me how. And then we explained that really we CAN NOT dance as missionaries. It turned into a really good gospel conversation about how sacrificios traen bendiciones. (sacrifice brings blessings) Also we talked with another guy (well we talk with literally everyone we see) But this guy was stopped in a bus stop so we talked with him. He asked us a whole bunch of questions. I know that the spirit was with me because I could understand every single word he said. And when I didn´t have an answer, the words just came flowing out of me or my companion. I LOVE DOING CONTACTS!!!

Saturday the 12 of September was DIA DE SERVICIO!!! We all got together as a mission and did service. We met in the streets of Concepcion and took all the posters off the walls. I didn´t think it would be much work, but let me tell ya, the Chileans use LOTS of glue and there were like 10 or more posters on top of each other. It was freaking CRAZY!!! There were tons of people that came to talk to us. Some told us we were crazy. Others started crying and saying we were angels. One really old man bought a chocolate and gave it to my Zone Leader, Elder Turley. Its amazing all the opportunities to share the gospel through service. Even President was out there doing servicio with us. He stayed and talked to my companion and I for like an hour. I just love President.

This week I have really been focusing on how to feel the spirit. I really doubt myself and I feel like the spirit doesn´t work through me. Sometimes I just get really frustrated and stressed. And then i realized that is probably why I don´t feel the spirit. I have been studying the scriptures and also the talk by Elder Bednar. And I realized that really we can feel the spirit all the time. Here in the mission we are doing pretty spiritual stuff all the time. I need to trust in the spirit and not in myself. 

Okay thats about all for this week. I don´t know what else you wanna know but yeah. LOVE YA LOTS!!!
Hermana Poulson












No comments:

Post a Comment