Monday, May 25, 2015

POR FIN!!!!!

May 25, 2015


I had the best week of my life! I say that every week but I really mean it. This week was so good!!! I am loving my companion, Hermana Gonzalez, we are the same person only I am white and she is Colombian! We are killing it here in Bulnes. We were struggling this week to find new people. (J) our investigator had surgery so we couldn't visit him and his son says we shouldn't be changing peoples religions...so we are going to give it one last shot this week and have a lesson with him.

It was a good week because guess who finally got a hug from her mom?!?! ME!!! Hermana Arrington gave me a hug and I started crying in front of the Assistants and the Elders of my zone and my companion. But clearly they didn't understand how much I needed my mommy!! Hermana Arrington will never replace my mom, but I think a hug from her is exactly what I needed! (Hermana Arrington happened to be in Utah a few weeks ago and met my mom and my mom gave her a hug to give to me)

So this week we had entrevistas con Presidente Arrington. It was so good to talk to him. He asked me how I was doing and I just couldn´t stop smiling! I am so blessed to have this opportunity to serve a mission. I have so many questions about como yo puedo mejorar...there are so many things I could be doing better...My companion and I both feel a little inexperienced, we have the same time here in the mission ...but I can testify that Heavenly Father put us together for a reason. She has helped me grow so much and I am so grateful for her! I have so much more confidence ahora and I can talk to people without freaking out and without worrying about the language. 
President Arrington said something very profound and it really helped me to have the animo and happiness that I should have as a missionary: "ENJOY THE MISSION. You can be the missionary that has fun and the missionary that has the spirit at the same time. 

I told President that its kinda hard for me to relate to the people. My companions and the other hermanas can say "I know how you feel, I was Catolica before the missionaries came in my life...." He told me that I have been preparing for my mission for my entire life. My purpose isn't to relate to them, it is to bring them to repentance and to Jesus Christ. I don´t need to relate to them exactly, I just need to testify and the Holy Ghost will touch their hearts (corazones) and bring them to Christ.

Okay this is the part of my letter that I am most excited about!!!! Remember (M)?!?!?!  HE GOT BAPTIZED!!! His baptism was Saturday and I felt the spirit so strong! You know that scripture in D&C 18:10, 15-16! Yeah that is all I could think about! I can´t imagine the joy of my Heavenly Father right now! Another one of his sheep has finally come back to the fold of God.
I am short on time, but its because I sent fotos and chatted it up(via email) with you guys! 

LOVE YOU LOTS,
Hermana Poulson


 





No comments:

Post a Comment