Monday, May 25, 2015

I LOVE MY FAMILY

May 11, 2015

Just saying you guys are the best in the world! I was sooo sooo excited to see you yesterday. I started crying so hard. 

Haha did you love my Spanglish??? I literally am thinking in two separate languages and my prayers are in two languages. Its easier to bear my testimony in Spanish...that is what I do everyday. Haha my goal by the end of this cambio is to forget English! I am teaching the English Class, and the 3 Latinas how to speak English. Woohoo!! And I am learning Spanish!!!!

My friend Angel says Hi.  Angel is preparing for a mission and right now we are working with him and doing practices in PMG. I love being a missionary and doing missionary work. I love this little rama and I have 3 Chilean moms right now to take care of me while I am here. (hna  batarce, hna bobadilla, and hna teresa)

I am a little sad because Manuel did not get baptized this week. And I was really looking forward to that. I worked with him all the past cambio, but I KNOW that he will be baptized. I just think about the Celestial Kingdom and how great it will be to see it filled with Chileans. I want so badly to help everyone see how the gospel can bless their lives. I know that baptisms aren't everything, but here in the mission I feel like that is really how you see your efforts paying off. I know that is not how I am supposed to think, but yeah. Every person I get to know down here in Chile and those that I help come to the Fold will be with us in the Celestial kingdom!

Once again, I am soooooo happy to be a missionary! And with this cambio I have the chance to start over again! We both have tons of faith and energy to work hard! And even though times are hard, we look for miracles everyday. Hermana Gonzalez is AMAZING and I am so excited to see how this cambio goes. She came to Chile the same day as me. We both have 2 cambios in the mission and we are literally filled with faith!

We have seen miracles. I can testify of that! The spirit speaks through me! I can hardly speak Spanish, but there are so many times in contacts and in lessons that I have no idea what I am saying, but it makes perfect sense to the people. There are still times when I can´t understand, and people can´t understand me, but I don´t let that influence my attitude. I am so happy. I have so much faith and love for the people here. I am learning to trust in the Lord more that my own self. And for some reason that is really hard to do. I am being truly humbled here in the mission. I know I don´t know everything, but I am called to represent the One who does. And He will never leave me comfortless. He will never leave me in a situation where I don´t know what to say. If I am prepared spiritually and do everything I can, I know He will put in my mouth what to say and what to do in every situation. 

I can´t think of what else I wanted to say to you... I hope you know I love you and I can feel the support from you guys! 

Love, 
Herman Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment