Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Knock Knock, Whose There?

June 1, 2015

Tracting....

Oh my so the title of my email pretty much describes my week! Literally we spent about 3 hours every day knocking doors! There isn't much to say about that other that I have the sound of "Tengo mi religion..." "No" and "Pasan en una otra vuelta..." 
Haha I have heard some pretty crazy things this week though. One of the people wanted me to visit so he could look at my eyes (we call these people snakes) and another told me that I had perfect white skin....and It was a woman... One of the houses had this crazy guy that told us "I don´t have a name...." when we asked if we could pass by another day when he remembered his name he told us "Yeah come back in the year 2018. I will be ready then" 
There are really funny people that we have been contacting...I feel like all the crazies come to me! We found someone that wants to learn more about the church but she believes HEAVILY in reincarnation....and can´t understand the Plan of Salvation. We found someone that is a real witch and makes potions out of herbs and dirt and natural things. She said she could give us a juice that would make us better teachers...
My companion and I are trying to look for the ways to smile and laugh. Its hard to always be happy when you are trying so hard and no one listens. But honestly the more you try to be happy the easier it is to be happy. 

Okay that is enough about tracting...now to my life lessons of the mission:

FOLLOW THE SPIRIT!!!! I hate to admit it but this week I didn't listen to the spirit. It is so sad. This week in our plans we supposed to visit Pueblo Seco (that little town that I take a bus to travel to every week) and I didn´t have enough plata to make the trip and I just really didn't have the desire to spend 2 hours in a little town and with Hermano J. Ed.... So when the bus came for PS I told my comp that we could do more work here and visit some menos activos instead...and something deep inside me told me that was wrong. But I let the Natural Man win and man it was the worst decision ever. As soon as the bus was too far to run our phone rang. It was Hermano J. Ed "Hermanitas don´t come. My friend (who was going to be his Fiance) died. I can´t do this" and hung up. We ran but couldn't catch the bus. We called Presidente Baeza. He drove us to PS and we taught J. Ed about the plan of salvation and about temple work. (She was taking missionary discussions but got sick with cancer of the pancreas)
Moral of the story: FOLLOW THE SPIRIT!!!!

Other story is the power of TESTIMONIES. In my contacts and knocking doors we only have about 2 minutes, if that, to share the gospel with them. We started bearing our testimonies more and I really think that helped. The people really don´t want to listen and i think sometimes they want to kill me;) But If I can give them the chance to listen to my message and feel the spirit, who knows, it may change their life. I only have about 2 minutes to talk to these people and the most important thing I can do is share my testimony. I can invite the spirit into their lives and touch their hearts. We have tried to talk about their lives and how Jesus Christ is a part of their lives. There really is a power to a testimony. I think of the story of Ammon and how he shared his beliefs with the Father of King Lamoni. He didn't teach the lessons or invite him to be baptized. But his testimony wrought a change in his heart and when Aaron went to teach the king, he was able to teach because the king was more receptive. 
I feel like that is how I am as a missionary. I may not be the best missionary and baptize the world, but I am planting the seeds and maybe in the future some missionary can teach the people that we have contacted. 

I won´t lie, the mission isn't easy, but I can say that this is the best thing I have ever done with my life. I am so focused on everyone else and I have learned so much more about the gospel. Really this is the only time of my life that I have to give 100% to the Lord. And I am not going to give that up for anything! I love my Savior and this is how I can demonstrate my appreciation and love for him. I know it isn't much, but I don´t want  a day to go by that I don´t give my all to Him. 

I love you so much and I am so grateful that I have family and Friends strong in the gospel. You guys are the greatest blessing of my life! 

Chao!!!!!
Hermana Poulson



No comments:

Post a Comment