Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chile week 2

Feb 23

This week has been hard....I am not going to lie and say it was easy...I am learning so much everyday and I am loving this opportunity. Spanish is HARD. But guess what! I can understand what people are saying...like 20% of the time! Which is way more than last week!


This week we weren't able to get many appointments and those that we did have fell through. But even though it was hard it was still a good week. I think Heavenly Father is still preparing people! We found a cute little family but the couple isn't married. THE GOSPEL IS FOR THEM THOUGH! I can't wait until Saturday when we can teach them again. Oh and our investigator E, the guy that smokes, came to church! We recommitted him to Baptism and hopefully this month it will happen. He didn't smoke last week- Which is an incredible blessing because he goes through a pack a day. He really is progressing!!! This is my favorite part of my mission: seeing the changes in people. I know Heavenly Father loves them and will help them. 
So far that is about all I know how to say in Spanish, that I know Heavenly Father lives and loves them and Has a plan for them. 

We had a special conference withe members of the seventy! It was so incredible. Of course it was all in Spanish but i understood the general idea. It was about being a PMG missionary and increasing our faith. Read Elder Bednar's talk in the Oct 2013 Ensign. It changed my life and my perspective on missionary work and my purpose.
Sister Arrington shared a story with us about her friend that was called to speak German. He got the lowest score of anyone to take the language test. The MTC President told him that he could chose any English speaking mission and they would send him there. He went and prayed. He went to the MTC President the next day and told him that he would be going to his mission, speaking German. He told the President that "Whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. I know I don´t speak German, but Heavenly Father wouldn't call me here if he didn't trust in me." The Lord believes in our abilities and talents. He knows where we need to be and why. He knows us better than we know ourselves and He will do His part to help us succeed if we do our part. 
Sister Arrington said this " Sometimes we think we should be perfect missionaries because we are doing the work of the Lord and because we have his power with us. This is true, but also think of his purpose. He helps us become perfect, but we can´t become perfect if we don´t try and experience trials that help us grow."
This has been and will continue to be my motto. ¨The times that are the hardest are the times we grow the most. And those are the times we are going to look back on and remember how blessed we are and how strong we can be." 

Even if the food makes me sick and I can't speak the language, and there are more dogs than people ( I made a count and Wednesday alone I saw 73 dogs!!!) I know I can do this with Heavenly Fathers help! I love you! I miss you like crazy!

Love,
Hermana Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment