Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Domingo Rapido

March 2

NO in reality it was really slow. I am used to not eating dinner or a big breakfast so fast Sundays really aren't that bad. This week was better than last week. There is hope for me!


Tuesday we went to Chillàn for interviews with the President. It was so cool! He is one of the most amazing people I have met. I can´t wait to get tot know him and Hermana Arrington these next couple months. They are so cute and I had a great talk with Hermana Arrington. She has been here 18 months and still doesn't speak Spanish. She is really quiet and sweet. President told me not to worry about my Spanish and that I was really good. He said if I was exactly obedient in my studies that I would learn fast and by the end of this cambio I could speak and teach lessons. So that was pretty cool. He reminded us that obedience brings blessings but EXACT OBEDIENCE brings miracles.

Wednesday and Thursday were normal days of service. We talk and walk all day. We had lessons with E this week. He is not smoking as much so that is a good sign. We found a less active lady and Saturday we are painting her house. I love service!!! Oh the cool thing this week is that I was able to play soccer. It is against mission rules to play sports with members so we called the DL and ZL and got permission to play with some investigators. There were like 15 investigators there!!!!!! and they are like "Gringas don´t know how to play soccer. This is easy." But man did I show them!! I scored goals and it was so funny! I absolutely LOVE playing soccer. They were great and we are playing and teaching a message again Friday! Who knew that soccer would be my way of teaching and getting others to listen.

Friday we have classes de ingles. Elder Allen and I taught English to the other missionaries and it was super Becán!! (BECAN is a Chilean word meaning super awesome!!!!) Hermana Godown was on a mini cambio with the sister training leaders. So I was the only gringa in the casa with 3 latinas. they talk really fast....but I can understand a little so i didn't feel totally left out:)

Saturday we did service from 10-2. Best part of my week! We helped clear land to lay cement for her house and then we painted the outside of her house. We wore these crazy white and orange jumpsuits...the looked like prison getup. Hahaha I will have to send the pictures!!! 

Miracle of the week!!! We found a family last Sunday and they didn't have much of a belief in God. They aren't married but are living together and have like 6 kids. She has a previous marriage i think. Haha I still struggle understanding the situation. But we met with them twice this week and they came to church! and it was fast Sunday! and they felt the spirit and have a baptismal date!!!!! I know baptisms aren't important, but usually people don´t listen or don´t want us to come back so this is SUPER BECAN!!!!

Sunday I had to play the piano again. I am eternally grateful that you guys made me take piano lessons. I had to play a song that I have never played before and it is really frustrating when you play for the first time, especially on a dinky little keyboard. I kinda got depressed because the music leader came up to me in the middle of sacrament meeting and said that it would be better if I didn't play the piano.....I didn't cry, but I sure did feel like it!!! I bore my testimony. I don´t think they understood me but I did it anyway!

Anyways that is my week! I love you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment