Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cambios

March 23, 2015

I have been out for 6 weeks and I honestly love it. It is super hard some days. Everyday I have people telling me that they have their religion and they don´t need the Devil. There are members here that don't like me because I don´t speak with the spirit and they can´t understand me. But honestly I don´t think I would be doing anything else. 

I have learned so much out here and have such greater appreciation for the missionaries and for Jesus Christ. I feel so grateful for this opportunity to represent him. I didn't really think about that before I left. I really am representing Jesus Christ. For all he has done for me I need to do this for him. I think the thing that has changed the most is my love and my relationship with the Savior and with our Heavenly Father. As I testify that he lives and loves us, I feel the power of those words and they have changed my life. 

Well this week was CAMBIOS!!!! I couldn't sleep last night. I wasn't worried for myself at all. I knew I would be here in Bulnes. (we have this inside joke with the missionaries and the Ward Mission Leader that we are MISSION BULNES!!! Every missionary has either been born here or is here for 6 months 4 cambios) We are MIssion Bulnes!!! Anyways with Cambios this week here are the changes: They closed the Sector of Elders. Elder Palacio and Elder Allen are both leaving. It is just the 4 Hermanas: Lino, Godown, Canchan, Poulson. It is going to be super hard and super sad to say bye to the Elders. And our Rama will really struggle with losing them. They trust the Elders so much. They love the Hermanas but it just isn't the same. 

I am doing better at the language. I am able to participate in the lecciones more and its really getting better I promise! I am praying for the Gift of Tongues DAILY!!! And I have learned that if I don´t pray for it, and I don´t do language study that day and don´t read the LDM in Spanish, then I seriously CAN¨T SPEAK with anyone.
Yesterday was Ward Conference...I mean Branch Conference. The Stake Pres came and spoke a lot about strenghtening the Rama. How it isn't the responsibility of the missionaries to grow the Rama and make it a Barrio. I wholeheartedly agree. We need members to catch the vision of the mission too!! I hope this hits them and they actually do something!:) Oh and side note, the music leader said that I drive the spirit away and she won´t lead the music or come to Church if I play the piano....so I guess my career and Branch Organist is now terminated.
If you guys wanna see what my mission is really like I think there is a church video called like 5000 days Project. There is a story about 2 brothers: The Nelsons. One of them got called to my mission. Watch the video and know that is EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!!!!

Anyways sorry for my scattered thoughts this week....I promise I will be better next week.
My advice to you is to read the conference talks again. I love conference so much and we are truly blessed to have living prophets in the latter days. This Church is TRUE

Mucho Amor, 
Hermana Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment