Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I'm pretty sure we got HIGH on Conferences

April 4, 2016

Well this week was pretty darn amazing. We had Zone Conference, and we sang a song that was really awesome! I will try to send it next week I don´t have my memory card or that card reader to send stuff. I learned so much! We talked a lot about the conversion of Pedro. I mean Peter. It was really interesting. Peters conversion comes through invitations. Christ invited him to LEAVE THE BOAT and FOLLOW HIM. He invited him to WALK ON WATER. and lastly he invited him to FEED HIS SHEEP. We experience a conversion asì(like that). We have to leave the boat, leave all the worldly stuff behind and follow Him. We have to walk on water, or in other words do nearly IMPOSSIBLE things. But through Christ nothing is impossible. And lastly the call to feed the sheep. We are all mini shepherds trying to be like the Great Shepherd who is Christ. He has trusted us with his special sheep, they may be family, children, friends or just people we know that look up to us as a leader, example and light. Those are our Sheep and we need to take care of them, but they aren't really ours. They are Heavenly Fathers!

So now I want you to think about your conversion. What are you doing to follow Christ. Read your Patriarchal Blessing and look for all the specific gifts you are given and how you can help others to become converted.

Also this week, I feel like I didn't do much in my sector, but I did 2 mini cambios this week and one of them was for a couple days...which was exciting but a little nerve racking! I stayed in my sector and did the work SOLA!! WOHOO I AM A BIG GIRL NOW!!! But it was really fun. I am soooo grateful that my companion got sick in my first weeks here and that it kinda forced me to lead the sector and everything. Hermana Dominguez and Hermana Ellis are so awesome. I love getting to know other Hermanas. I know that I am not a perfect leader, but every time I try a little harder to be a better example. I really feel the spirit working and guiding me to where I need to be, or what to say. We had a really good learning experience with each of the Hermanas. I feel like I learn WAY more from them than they do from me.

And of course it was Conference Weekend. I don´t wanna be trunky, but this was my last conference as a missionary. I wanted it to last forever. I feel like I could sit and listen for 10 more hours of conference. I love how all my questions were answered. I know now what I need to do to FINISH STRONG as a missionary and then continue my mission at home. I know that I need to GO TO THE TEMPLE as much as possible. In fact I know that the temple will be a HUGE part of my life. I Loved how the theme of the conference was Hope. The gospel is a message of Hope. We can all be better than we are now. And we are never alone. I think that was the message that the spirit spoke to me. I am never alone. And though I will never be perfect I can keep giving my best. I loved the talk from Elder Oaks (even though I only heard half of it) I love that the Spirit speaks to us. I love how I can receive Personal Revelation. That was always something that I have struggled with. But here on the mission I have learned to listen and recognize the voice of the spirit in my life daily. I love Conference. I love the words from Elder Holland. I was thinking in terms of my mission. I know that when I come home I will not have this same spirit that I feel now. But I don´t need to fear tomorrow. I know that everything that I have learned here will help me be the person God needs me to be Tomorrow.
Oh last story so it was a crazy almost hurricane like storm in Chillan during the conference. And we lost signal. But then my sweet and beautiful companion says: "we need to pray" and we all prayed, members and missionaries, that the storm would stop and we could finish. AND IT DID. I only missed half of elder Oaks talk. MIRACLES.
So like I said, we are pretty much on a spiritual high. And it's the best feeling ever!!!!

Les amo màs que puedan imaginar!!! (I love you more than you can imagine!!!)
Hermana Poulson






No comments:

Post a Comment