Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I just realized how old I am ...

January 4, 2016

As you know its officially 2016! WOW that feels a little weird. I have no idea where the time goes. I feel like just yesterday I was a little (tiny and thin) soon to be missionary who set out on a journey that would take her from Mexico to Chile. I had no idea what to expect... but I did what every good person does and I went forward with Faith. And now one year later, I know that I can´t do it alone. And I am still going forward with Faith. 

I just want to say 15 things that I have learned here on the mission that have Changed ME.
1. I have a testimony. I feel like I always have had one but really when I think about it, my testimony was so weak before the mission.
2. I know the importance of DAILY prayers. I prayed before the mission, but my prayers were so different. They were focused on me and they weren't all that specific. But now I really feel like I am talking to someone, and not just anyone, I am talking to my Father in Heaven and He really does listen to me.
3. I know that Christ is my Savior, Redeemer and Friend. I am only beginning to understand what the atonement means for me. Hermana Miner and I had this talk. She is at the beginning of her mission and I am at my year mark. She asked me what I wished I would have known in my training. And I told her, how to use the atonement. We read the talk by Jeffery R. Holland about missionary work and the atonement. I LOVE THAT TALK.
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2001/03/missionary-work-and-the-atonement?lang=eng
4. I have learned to laugh a lot more. I feel like I have always been happy but never as happy as the time here on the mission. Some days stink, and so I have learned to laugh... at myself, at something dumb that I said in Spanish that doesn't translate...just silly little things.
5. I have learned that really all you need to do be a good singer is sing loudly. hahaha The people here really don´t have tones...just a bunch of people singing loudly! I finally don´t feel so untalented.
6. I have learned to LOVE people. Not just the members that accompany us, but really everyone. All the members, even the fome (boring) ones, and all the people en las calles (in the streets), even the smoking ones. It's like that talk by one of the new apostals, you need to see everyone through the eyes of our Heavenly Father. 
7. I have broken out of my shyness shell. I don´t know why I was ever shy. I don´t know how I made friends before the mission, because I never really talked. But here I have the confidence to just go and talk to cualquier persona en la calle. Hablo de las cosas del mundo y despues del evangelio y porque estoy aquì tan lejos de mi casa. Siempre las personas me escuchan...por lo menos un segundo.(anyone in the street. I speak about the things of the world and after that I speak about the Gospel and because I am here so far away from home. The people always listen to me.... at least a second.)
8. I have learned that the gift of tongues is real. As you can see in my letter I am writing in Spanish or English, I don´t really know which, and half the time I am sitting here trying to figure out how to say stuff in English. Well, maybe i still have lots of work to do with my Spanish but at least I can talk a little better than a year ago.
9. I have learned that the scriptures have the answers to everything. Seriously I have had several questions and I have found the answers in the Book of Mormon. My companions and I have prayed and searched the scriptures to find answers for investigators and seriously I LOVE reading the Book of Mormon. I hope never to lose that love.
10. I have learned patience. Yeah I don´t wanna remember a couple cambios ago when I was dying and I just prayed to leave the sector or to change companions, but in those 3 months I learned so much about paciencia and to just keep praying and trusting in the LORD and HIS TIMING.
11. I have learned to 




Jacob 7:26-27 And it came to pass that I ,HERMANA POULSON, began to be old... I conclude this EMAIL, declaring that I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also MY MISSION passes away like as it were unto us a dream... and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu.
(I will finish next week sorry I don´t have time....)







No comments:

Post a Comment