Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I'm going to the CAMPO...!!! de nuevo!!!!

January 11, 2016
Well as you can tell it was cambios today!! I am officially out of Hualqui....and it is so hard!!!! I am going to Cauqenes which is a little farming community known for wine...well we will see how it goes. I am crying. I feel like an emotional mess every time that I have cambios. Its crazy how much you can love the people and forget about yourself. I have learned that I really am not here for me. At the beginning of the mission I was really focused on all that I could get out of a mission...silly me. These past couple weeks I have just been giving my all, and that is when I can see the difference.

OH continuacion from last week...I have things that I learned last year.
11: that Chilean food really isn't that good. But I still eat it and it still makes me fat.
12: that really anyone can accept the gospel. I had an investigator in Talcahuano who was smoking marijuana and after I left he got baptized and is ACTIVE. Also that Flaites are really cool and even can have desire to hear the gospel. And also that people change their hearts when they hear the gospel message!!! Thanks Spirit!!
13:  Feeling the Spirit is the most important. If the people can feel the spirit it doesn't matter what is being said, they will want to hear the message and change.
14: Love everyone, even the really hard to love people. And to smile because that is the most important thing that I can do right now.
15: that Chile Concepcion is the best mission in the world. Just ask the 200+ missionaries that are here now! We love it and we love the gospel!

Oh other things that happened last week....well new years day my INVESTIGATOR died. Yeah and not like the missionary word for die...he took his own life. And we went to visit his Mom who is a menos activo...oh my that is about the saddest thing I have ever done in my life. All this week we have gone to visit her. Luckily she has the support of the ward now. 

My investigators...well we are still trying to find them. We taught Brenda...she is AMAZING! we had a lesson getting to know her and her history with the church. She is an old investigator and her family is less active. But she is awesome and we talked about the Atonement of Christ. And all throughout the lesson I just kept feeling that we needed to talk about repentance and so it was perfect the topic of the atonement. She accepted fecha por el 31 de enero but she couldn't come to church yesterday...booooooo.....but oh welll. Hermana Forest will help her come to church and get baptized. 
The other person is Anita she is like 60 and is Evangelica. But she told us she wants to be baptized and to become clean again. WOHOOO!!! We found some really good people. Hermana Forest will have to help her too!

The conversos....oh how I love them!!! I am crying so hard. I don´t want to say goodbye to Cristel or Zaida...this is seriously the hardest part of missionary work. I hate saying bye to the people. It is harder than walking everyday in the sun trying to find people who want to listen, it is harder than the doors shutting in my face...yeah I would do that all day everyday if only I could stay with the people forever! I just pray every day that these people live worthy of their covenants and go to the temple. And then I know that I will see them again  -  in the CELESTIAL KINGDOM!!!! (that is if I make it there...jajajaja)

Hay una cita de un mensaje mormon que hermana forest y yo amamos, dice algo asi: A veces no pensamos que lo que Dios quiere por nosotros es mejor que lo que tenemos nosotros ahora. 
There is a quote from a Mormon Message Sister Forest and I love that says something like : Sometimes we do not think that what God wants for us is better than what we have now .
In english I think it says that what God has in store for us is much greater than what we have right now. 

This is the motto of my cambios....I don´t know why I have to leave Hualqui and open a sector. I don´t know why Heavenly Father trusts in me. But I will keep going. It's always hard to leave home, but if I can trust in Him and what he wants for me, I will always have hope. 

su hijita favorita, (your favorite daughter)
Hermanita Poulson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment