Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Feliz Cumpleaños (part 1) & Feliz Cumpleaños (part 2)

December 14, 2015

Oh my!! I was so overwhelmed to open my email and see like 50 emails from everyone back home. I just sat at my computer and cried for a good couple minutes. I feel so much love. Seriously I love everyone so much. Thank you! Well its not every day that I have a birthday in the Mission. And its even rarer when it's on a PDAY!!!! So we did all sorts of fun things today. We went to the beach for an activity. And it was so much fun. It was lots of walking and we got lost in a cave and then walked all the way back to Tome in the RAIN!!! I have never had rain on my birthday. It was so hot this week and my face is scorched. And so it was nice to not die of heat. Then once we got to Conce my companion and I met up with Presidente and Hermana Arrington in the oficina and we went to LUNCH!!! It was a really good american restaurant similar a applebees. I was in Heaven! I love Presidente and Hermana Arrington!!! SO MUCH!!!!! Really I just LOVE Being a missionary.
I am gonna send my email in two parts because my email time is running out but I will buy another card in like a minute.
So chao for now and I will send part 2 in a minute!!!
Hermana Poulsonita


so this week was a little crazy. We didn't exactly get all our goals but it was amazing. Zaida is progressing hacia su bautismo.(to her baptism) She didn't come to church Sunday, so that's a little disappointing, but it was raining??..... BUT there was a MIRACLE!!!  LIKE A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE BUT EVEN BETTER!!!! So Cristel is the investigator that I have been teaching for 4 months now and she is the 12 year old. Her parents are both less actives and she just wants to get baptized so bad!!!!!! And we went to talk about the interview questions and have her parents there to see that she really has a testimony. And her dad said that he wouldn't let her get baptized. I cried. How could you not let someone choose to receive the GREATEST blessing of her live?!?!?! So we invited them to church again and to pray to see what they should do. We read the scripture in Mosiah 18 that talks about if this is really the desire of your hearts. And it was so beautiful and sad at the same time. So that whole day I walked around almost in tears and prayed and prayed and prayed that Cristel's dad would have a change of heart and that she could get baptized. And so Sunday came and we were in church and Cristel runs to me and says "Hermana Poulson Voy a Bautizarme!!!!!! MI papa dijo que Sí!!!!!!!" I cried again and just hugged her. HEAVENLY FATHER HEARS AND ANSWERS PRAYERS!!!!

Margot and Roberto are still hangin in there for now. And we have been doing everything in our power to find new people. We are knocking doors, contacting, and even singing Christmas songs. We will fast and pray and find the people that are prepared. I am sooooo Excited for all the events of CHRISTMAS. It is really a whole lot different here. I love it. All the people are so nice and really want to listen to a message about Christ.

Well I will end with one funny experience this week. I was asked to play in church and I didn't know what songs we were singing and I didn't have time to practice and so I just got up there and messed up a lot. Then I played a musical number and the Hermanas sang. It wasn't good but I love playing the piano and feeling the Christmas Spirit. The SPIRIT of CHRIST!!!

And also a spiritual insite. We really need to remember why Christ was born. He was born to save us. He saves us from Heartache and sadness. And He is here to help us every step of the way. When we remember that Christ is a real person, who lived and died and loves us we can have the strength to conquer whatever situation. I am so grateful for him. I have learned to apply the atonement and try to live a more Christlike life. And I want to give him a gift this Christmas. I will give him a CONSECRATED missionary. One who is willing to give her all without holding back. 
WHAT WILL YOU GIVE EL SALVADOR this CHRISTMAS???

con mucho amor del otro lado del mundo,
Hermanita Poulsonita (ahora la Viejita)
with much love from the other side of the world,
Sister Poulsonita (now the old woman)













No comments:

Post a Comment