Tuesday, August 18, 2015

It's GO TIME

August 10, 2015

This past week we had a special conference with President Arrington. It was about our potential as missionaries. I feel like every time he talks it is EXACTLY what I am praying to learn. I learned that I am not the only one who is so hard on themselves...haha many of the missionaries are the same. That is why the conference was all about our potencial como misioneros. It was so awesome!!!! Really I can´t begin to write everything I learned from President, Hermana Arrington and the Assistants.  

We watched a video about Christ. I am still an emotional mess when we watch videos about the Atonement. I just can feel the love of our Savior so strong. Really I don´t know how Christ could do everything for us? Actually I do. Its because of love. And because he could see the potential in every single one of us. He didn't let our failures and our mistakes keep him from believing in us. I keep thinking about all he did for us. Really He is amazing. And I am here in the mission testifying about Him because for all that he did for me, this is the least I could do for him. 

There is the quote that I am pretty sure I have sent to you already but it is like burning a whole in me every time I think about it. "Obedience is when we do stuff because we want blessings or because its a commandment and we are supposed to do it. Sacrifice is when we do stuff because of our love for others. But Consecration is when we do stuff because we love GOD and want to please him." I keep thinking about the conference talk by Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the seventy "Truly Good and without Guile" that is your compromiso this week. ¿¿LeerĂ¡n este discourso antes de Lunes??

Because it is GO time we have been focusing a lot on finding people to teach. WE had 3 investigators in church!!!! WOHOOO!!! F has fecha por el 15 de Agosto. M por el 29 de Agosto and V who has all the attendances just needs all the discussions!!! 
Yeah so that's about it. Sorry that sometimes i write in Spanish...i have been dreaming and speaking in Spanish and although I am not perfect I am learning so much!!! 

here are some Quotes from President Arrington: 
"Dear Elders and Sisters,
Welcome to the best day of your mission - because it is today! Today will always be the best day. Yesterday, today was the best day of your mission. tomorrow, today will be the best day of your mission. Let’s do whatever is needed to make every today the best day of our missions and a little better than yesterday."

"I invite you to think and pray for the inspiration of the Lord to know how to help more people receive the blessings of baptism and confirmation. Pray to know how to do it without lessening your efforts to retain and reactivate. 
I understand that it is not easy. But the Lord has prepared you from before you came to this earth. He knew it would not be easy. That is why he has sent the best soldiers to the battle in these days - because you are missionaries version 2.0 and you can do it!
I testify that if the expectation of our prophet is that as we retain and reactivate more we will also baptize more, then we can do it because that expectation came from the Lord and I “know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.”
We spoke in the training the other day about our potential. I testify to you that our potential to bring souls unto Christ through baptism is much greater than what we have achieved to this point. We are representatives of Jesus Christ to take the good news of the gospel to all of the people in the Chile Concepcion Mission" 
Yeah I love you and I want you all to know that I LOVE OUR SAVIOR!!!

peace out from Talcahuano Norte 
Hermana Poulson

More homework
read this talk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment