Tuesday, August 18, 2015

el cambio en el cambio (the change in the transfers)

August 3, 2015

I did not want this cambio to start. I was so stressed and I didn't want to work with my companion. We had a couple investigators but they all were dying...and things honestly looked bad. I have a saying here on the mission when things go wrong and don´t go as planned: "Dios es Jefe" or in other words God is Boss. He really is in charge of HIS work here. He has a plan for me and my companion. And really we need to be together in this plan. I had my plan of what I wanted to do and who I wanted to be. I wanted to leave and have a fresh start. I wanted a new companion because its easier to start fresh with this. I learned that we have a chance to start fresh with the same companion. That is the first thing that changed with the mission. She told me this week that I was an example to her of a dedicated missionary. She admitted that she has a tendency to be lazy and do the bare minimum. She said that my energy and my desire to give my all everyday has helped her to change. She has like 3 months left. And she wants to give her all.
That is not the only thing that has changed this cambio. I changed. I have a better attitude and I am practicing CHARITY. There are all those miracle stories in the Liahona about missionaries who changed their perspective and everything in the companionship by doing little acts of service? I decided to give it a try and love my companion more and serve her. And guess what?!?!?! IT worked! We have more love, more unity and can teach by the spirit! It is freaking amazing how much can change when you change your perspective and really try to be like Jesus.
I have 7 months in the mission and it has not been easy. I have had days where I am dead tired and all I want to do is sleep (which is not my personality). I have had days where we have spent all day contacting, knocking doors, and haven´t gotten into a single house. I have days where people spit at us and tell us we are crazy! BUT wait there is more!
I have never seen so many blessings and miracles and happiness and love and support and I have never felt so much power in my life! I am so grateful for the time here on the mission. I am grateful for the miracles that I witness on a daily basis! I am grateful that I have this opportunity to give of myself 100% of the day. I have seen people change and accept Christ. I am teaching someone right now that lives alone and thinks that God has forgotten him. I get to testify that God lives. That He loves us and that above all we are Never Alone. Never have been, and never will be. And the best part is that its not just lip service. I, like Alma, Know these things for myself. Because I have had them witnessed by the Spirit.

That is my cambio within this cambio. I love you so much and I am so grateful for your prayers and fasting. Mi corazon esta llena de gozo y amor para ustedes y siempre estan en mis oraciones. Recureden siempre para buscar por la mano del Senor en su vida. Puedo Prometer como misionera que los bendiciones esta y puedan ver la mano del senor y realizar que Èl siempre esta AQUI! My heart is full of joy and love for you and you are always in my prayers. Always look for the hand of the Lord in your life. As a missionary I can promise the blessings of this and can see the hand of the Lord and realize that He is always HERE!
Hermana Poulson

This is a little bit from a hand written letter we got this week also.
As missionaries we aren't here to convince people of the truth - that's the Spirits job. There are people who invite us into their homes so we can "convince" them and use all the scriptures and knowledge to prove to them that this gospel is true. Conviction comes from reading the Book of Mormon and praying. If you want answers to spiritual questions you need to go to spiritual sources.

Spiritual experiences: Really everyday is a spiritual experience. But one of the best was with a family who is less active. Familia U. I promised them that if they go to church every week, if they pray and read the Book of Mormon daily that they will have the money to go to the temple. They are planning on going to the temple in December. They are really poor! THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG AND I KNOW THAT PROMISE IS FROM THE LORD!

Familia B: Eli y Stef & L (3). They are super awesome. He is a convert - they met in a comic shop and she invited him to institute. They both work a TON so it's hard to get them to come to church and have visits with them. But when we go they always say they miss the spirit we bring.

Familia SE: The cutest family ever! Cat and A have 3 kids B(6),  V(3) and M (4mos). V loves me because we teach the gospel with Polly Pockets and Littlest Pet Shops! They were sealed. He is the only member in his family. Her parents live with them. Bro & Sis E are HILARIOUS!

I love the gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love the opportunity to testify of him on a daily basis. I love the plan of salvation - that we can be together forever. I am so grateful that we have that plan - the purpose of our lives. We can be redeemed but only if we do our part can we receive Exaltation. Really we can do anything in our lives with FAITH. Faith is more powerful than fears and really everyday we should live the faith.

Hermana Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment