Wednesday, April 15, 2015

(Clever name not included)

April 13, 2015



We have a conference tomorrow with President Arrington, I have to play a musical number in front of 3 zones...it scares the living daylights outta me!!! I am excited though:) and then a SPECIAL CONFERENCE this Saturday with Elder Dallin H. Oaks, it is a video feed from Santiago, I am stoked!!!! 

This week our investigator M.  FINALLY came to church! I am so excited! Seriously we have been fasting at least once a week that our investigators have a desire to come to church! We only have 3 investigators right now: J and M, they have that huge family! We dropped them a week or two ago and picked them back up. They have problems smoking and aren't living the law of chastity, so they have lots to work on, but we aren't giving up on them. They really are super good! They have a couple kids that sit upstairs whenever we come to teach. But I know they are listening because I see them poke their heads out from above the steps. Its really cute actually! I saw the boy Danilo praying, and their family isn't religious so the only way he could know how is because of us!!! I am praying that they are my story of success, faith and perseverance. 

The members feed me TONS of food. They all make fun of me now because I have gained about 5 kilos and you can TOTALLY SEE IT IN MY STOMACH AND HIPS!!! They say they are trying to roll me back to the States. I taught them the word foodbaby. They like to tease me and ask me how my foodbaby is doing everyday:)

We played soccer again with Ronald and J (investigator) and Angel. They are the jovenes of this rama and we made sopapillas with Hermano Carlitos (branch mission leader). And we have Noches de Hogar with members and converts and investigators. It is so much fun! I wouldn´t want to be doing anything else with my life. I love my mission and I love Bulnes, even if I am not having the success I want.

I have really learned a lot about what success is. I really feel like a strong relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is what will bring the most success and having faith in THEIR plan. Sometimes I ask in my prayers and just expect that they will give me what I want. "I have faith that you can help me with this or that" But really that isn't faith. Yeah it is but not faith in THEIR plan. I am learning so much out here....I thought I was spiritually strong before! But BOY WAS I WRONG!!! Another key to success really is Having the Holy Ghost with you. I am still working on recognizing when It is the spirit or if I am just crazy;) Just kidding! I know that everything good comes from God (moroni 7)

Okay anyways, Love you all and I am so glad you got my cards!!! I got letters from the primary kids so tell them Thanks! 

Sorry I don´t have time to write the other kids individually, can you tell them I love them?:)

Love,
Hermana Poulson


No comments:

Post a Comment