Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Great Week

April 20, 2015

Hey family! I love you guys!
This week was SUPER BAKAN! We had the conference with President on Tuesday, and the Special Conference Saturday with Elder Oaks. I am amazed and I have the strongest testimony that these men are called of God. I said so many prayers in preparation for these conferences and guess what! They all got answered! It was like Heavenly Father was speaking directly to me! I love the power of Prayers and I love Conferences!

Tuesday:
The Conference was super good! We talked about the faith to find. That really all our efforts in finding come down to our faith. It kinda hit me hard, I am not having the success I want and I struggle to find people to progress. Really I need to have more Faith. I think in our lives we don´t realize the power of our faith. We all at times lack faith and try to rely solely on our own efforts. You would think we would realize how much better off we are with Him. That´s why we need faith.

Saturday:
Elder Oaks was just amazing! Even if it was transmitted from Santiago, it was still awesome! I get so happy to hear his voice! The message was really about how important the Holy Ghost is in conversion. I am not the teacher, the Spirit is. I needed that reminder. He also said something really profound at the end that answered so many of my questions and doubts. Read Alma 7:11-12. That has always been one of my favorite scriptures. But to have an apostle apply that scripture specifically to me, it kinda blew my mind. I love the power of the atonement. Elder Oaks said something really funny and I just had to write it down: "Forget about everything at home. You are a FULL TIME MISSIONARY. You can´t expect all the blessings of missionary work if you are only working part time. Forget your friends, your works, your sports and whatever else keeps your from focusing on the work. And forget the girlfriend at home, I can promise you she will find company;)"


If you can´t tell today we went to the Termas de Chillan! It was super sic up in the volcanic mountains. There was cool steams and hot springs and snow of course!!! I was happier than I should have been! It just looked like home! I can´t believe you guys finally got snow! I am so jealous!!

So Saturday was a torrential rainstorm! And we were caught with nothing to protect us! It was sooooo much fun! The rain is different here...but it is so much fun to walk in the flooded streets! (only when you have rain boots though;))











No comments:

Post a Comment