Friday, February 13, 2015

Feb 9th -
I am leaving the CCM to go to Chile today and I just wanted to let you all know how grateful I am for your support and love! I would not and could not do this without you. Missions are hard and I am not even out there yet! I know it is hard because salvation isn´t easy- it was never easy for Christ to fulfill his role in the atonement, how can we expect it to be easy for us?
My testimony has grown so much here in the CCM and I know it will grow even more in Chile! I am so excited to meet the people who are waiting for me! It is hard to think about 17 more months of this...But at the same time I only have 17 months to share the gospel with as many people as possible!!!
I was reading in Jacob 5 about the allegory of the olive tree...surprising right?! And I was so amazed at how much it truly relates to missionary work! several times in that chapter it mentions how this in the LAST TIME he will prune his vineyard. I thought about the people in Chile. This could be their last chance to hear the gospel! And it is my responsibility to bring it to them.
I have the greatest love for people that I have only known for 6 weeks and soooo much love for people that I haven´t even met yet! How can this be possible!? Well I know that it is more that just love, it is perfect love, the true love of Christ: CHARITY. 
I think that is what I have learned the most: have Christlike attributes always in your life! Those who love Christ will want to be more like him. And we all love Christ! I want you guys to develop more Christlike attributes! I know it will bless your lifes tremendously.
I pray for you always,
Hermana Poulson

1 comment:

  1. Hermana Poulson,

    I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy your blog. Thanks for being a friend to my son while he made it way through the CCM. Write to him in Chile and hopefully he will write you too. Stay strong! Missions are hard but worth every minute. The hard times will far out number the good times but the good times will far out weigh the bad times!

    ReplyDelete