Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Waiting on a Miracle

May 23, 2016

Like you all probably know by know I love miracles!!!! And this week we have seen so many that I have no idea what to do!!! Lets start with Monday! We slept!! That was a first because I feel like we are literally running all over the place stressing about so many things. But it was good to just relax. 

Tuesday we had a really great District class and learned about How to Begin teaching and how we can improve. The first lessons are SOOOOO vital to the life of an investigator. And we have seen an improvement this week. I love how God works. I then had a mini cambio with Hermana Diaz (brought back the Arise memories....oh no) She lived with me last cambio. I have stayed in my zone for all the mini cambios. But that's okay because I love my sector and all the members here...even when they bail on us last minute. 

Wednesday we just worked hard and found some new people. We are always finding. And that's a good thing.
 
Thursday we had a really great day with tons of citas fijas (fixed appointments) and tons of stuff to do. We were in a Trio with Hermana Dominguez because Hermana Cortèz went to Conce for the newbie conference. We had members to do divisions (splits)...and then (like always) the members cancelled. So we literally had 8 different citas fijas (fixed appointments) and there was no way to lograr todas estas citas.(to be able to achieve/reach all the appointments) Oh believe me I was stressed and I called every member in our phone. NO ONE ANSWERED ME!!! But it's okay because somehow we had really really short lessons and were able to lorgrar (reach/achieve) lots of our metas.(goals) But also by this time we had only 1 lesson with a member. And our goal for the week was 7. I was sooo upset. We were being so obediente and so diligente and we just weren´t seeing any results. That's when we prayed super super hard and it was probably the most faith filled prayer of my mission. We prayed for God´s help to reach our goals. We put goals with faith, hoping that we would lograr them. Oh just wait to see how many miracles happened.

Friday, we did divisions (miraculously) with a mom and her daughter. And we completed practically half our goals. Then Chemy left with us to visit a family. They are soooo good but are just too lazy to change. (crazy lazy Chileans) haha But with faith they will one day have the desire to change. That's about it for Friday.

Saturday we went to make food with a less active mother, her daughters are Literally insane. I am so grateful my mom loves me and has never beaten me up or yelled at me. Thanks mom for Loving me soooo much!!! You are the best!!!!!! Afterwords we went and ate a weird dish called boudin de lentejas (boudin of lentils)....I don´t recommend it to anyone. She explained that it was like lasaña...Jamas(Never)!!! NO me gustó..... but we also completed with all our goals!!!! And MORE!!! It was seriously sooo rewarding. 

Sunday. Our investigators came to church!!! I love that feeling. Also we went to teach primary. It was pretty sick. Until they all started whining...

Monday again!!! We celebrated Thanksgiving. We had an asado (roast) and each companionship brought food. It was pretty dope. I invented my own brand of stuffing. It's called Hecho Por Hermanas (Made by Sisters) it will be making its way to the states shortly. ;) I found out that my friend Elder Rojas is going to be the next assistant. I can´t wait. 

I really have nothing else to say about this week. Other than something cool that we learned in our studies. I will share with you our revelation:
This is from Elder Renlunds talk.
“Tienes que saber que el Señor no te ha llamado por lo que hayas hecho. En el caso tuyo, probablemente sea a pesar de lo que hayas hecho. El Señor te ha llamado por lo que Él necesita hacer a través de ti; y eso solo sucederá si tú lo haces a Su manera”. "You have to know that the Lord does not call you by what you have done. In your case probably despite what you've done. The Lord has called you by what he needs to do through you; and that will only happen if you do it your way."
Algo maravilloso ocurre en el servicio de un misionero o misionera cuando se da cuenta de que el llamamiento no tiene que ver con él o ella, sino que tiene que ver con el Señor, con Su obra y con los hijos de nuestro Padre Celestial.  "Something wonderful happens in a missionary's service when he or she realizes that the calling is not about him or her; rather it is about the Lord, His work and Heavenly Father's children."

This week we have focused on not making this about us. Yeah my email probably sounds a lot like how I just wanted to meet my goals. But I promise it isn't like that. We have been working so hard to find good people to teach and not because we want more numbers or to look like we are having success, but really to find the people God has prepared. We know that we are imperfect people trying to do a perfect work. And we are helped and guided by the Perfect Person. We just need to be humble and be willing to do all he asks of us. That has been the greatest thing I have learned this week. I know that I am imperfect. I am trying my hardest everyday to give Him my all. I don´t want to have any regrets at the end of my mission! I am so grateful that I have a great companion that knows how to listen and teach by the spirit. I am so blessed to have seen so many miracles this week. And not just miracles in the work,but in many different aspects of my life! 
Well I think my letter is really disorganized. Better luck next week;)

Con MUCHO amor y besitos, (With LOTS of love and kisses)
Hermana Poulson


No comments:

Post a Comment