Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Personal Progress

July 20, 2015

This week is what I would call my week of personal progress. 


For starters my companion sprained her ankle on Monday and so we spent all day Monday in the house and I called about 40 people on the list of contacts trying to find. We didn't have much success with that, but I learned that really it takes work to find the chosen ones because they don´t just randomly come to you. 

My companion couldn't walk and wanted to stay in all day Tuesday and I probably should have let her, but we had 3 set appointments (which hasn't happened all cambio) so I made her work, but we didn't walk that much and we did all our daily contacts in the bus stop. We went to visit Constanza (18 years old). She is listening to her aunt who is evangelica and she really likes how the Evangélica Church works. We told her that she can´t judge us because she has never been to the LDS church. Sadly she went on vacation this weekend and couldn't come. Really I am praying that we can find her again tonight. We invited her to pray and she prayed with her brother who is 9 and sister who is 6. 

I fasted this week to be able to find. Hermana Evenson fasted the day after me and they found a family to teach. It is hard to be super excited for them when I am fasting and praying and working and not seeing the results. But really it is amazing and they have a baptism this Saturday!!! Pray for Jorge!!! 

My companion and I really did the best we could this week. I spent an hour each day calling people to visit. I called all the antiguos and the futuros and the miembros and practically everyone in the cell phone! and guess what!!! We have a couple citas fijas esta semana!!! WooHoo!! I am really amazed that I could do it! I have been doing all the contacts and the ones of my companion too because she has been having health problems. It is really exhausting. Every night I just want to come home, plan, and sleep hahaha. I really love working hard. I feel like if I am not giving it my all then I am losing the blessings that Heavenly Father could give me!
Really we have seen the blessings of the Lord this week. I know the potential that I have to do the work. I was able to teach in unity with my companion this week. I am not going to lie, this cambio has been really hard. I miss Bulnes, Hermana Gonzalez and having the confidence to teach. Here it has been an adjustment working with another companion and trying to learn a new sector and the members and the language. But really the hand of the Lord is in my life. I know the streets. I know the people. I know the language. I know how to feel the spirit. I have been praying to have the gift of discernment and It really does work. I can find the needs of the people!!! And we haven´t had tons of opportunites to teach new people, but I know that Heavenly Father has been teaching me and preparing me to do His work here. I know that there are people waiting. I know that if I pray for His Help and HUMBLE myself that I will find them.

That is why this is my week of progression. I know the person the Lord wants me to become. And as I give myself fully to Him, He will change me. 

I finished reading el Libro de Mormon en ESPANOL!!! Now I am starting to read D&C and the lessons in PMG again. Really PMG is inspired! I am part of the greatest force of missionaries in the world!!! I am part of the "great and marvelous work" .

Les Amo!!! Mas que puedan comprender!!!!
Hermana Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment