Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Miracles of a Mission

July 13, 2015
There is an awesome talk by Elder Holland about the miracles of missions and missionaries. I have read this talk over and over this past week. I may not be seeing the success of my mission now. But I know that it is changing me for good. I have a stronger testimony and I know who I want to be.
 
Its hard not to think about success in the number of baptisms you have or the number of investigators you are teaching....It is hard to not focus on all the numbers of a mission. Each week when we rendir cuentas(account) I feel like I am doing nothing. But each night when I rendir cuentas al Senor Yo sé que estoy haciendo todo que puedo. Y esto es lo que Él quiere. No importa los numeros. But each night when I account to the Lord I know I'm doing everything I can. And this is what He wants. No matter the numbers. My prayers have become more meaningful and more powerful. I really know there is a power of prayers. And when you are praying to follow the will of our Heavenly Father and you are trying to align your will with His, that is when the miracles come.
 
Really this sector is hard. And not because the members aren't helping. I feel like I just haven´t found the people prepared to hear the message. We haven´t found anyone that could really progress. And in reality we haven´t had a first lesson in about 2 weeks. The other investigators that were here when I got here have all died as investigators. The menos activos that we have been working so hard to bring back have chosen not to follow the Lords counsel. 

This mission has changed me. I am a different person now. I am so much more than I was before. I am Hermana Poulson 2.0... I can´t think about the missionaries that go inactive after their mission. They have seen the hand of God in their lives. They have testified with every ounce of energy that this is the only true Church on the Earth. 

Here is the fun stuff that happened: RAIN. Like never before. I have learned nothing is waterproof. We had a fast for rain. All of South America. And it was the hardest thing to fast for, I like the dry climate...I am not a fan of the rain.
We had a zone activity with Talcahuano Sur. We played soccer and volleyball, all the elders were amazed that I played soccer. I hate the girly girl stereotypes;) That was pretty much the best. My comp sprained her ankle and so we will see if we can work this week. The zone leaders and I bbq´d a bunch of sausages! like 30 and we had a party with the 2 zones. I really love the bond we have as missionaries. 

I am loving the mission. Like I said, we haven´t been having "success" but we are doing all we can to be the servants the Lord needs us to be. 

Con MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO amor,
Hermana Poulson









No comments:

Post a Comment