Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Conversion and Change in Chillan

June 20, 2016

I have spent way too long trying to think of a clever way to start an email...but guess what? I guess there is never a way to start it....So this week was full of blessings. I don´t want to not be a missionary because I feel like my life is full of blessings. This week we worked really hard. We have been searching trying to find new people that progress. We have TONS of first lessons and then they all disappear. We are pretty much farmers because we are planting cualquier semilla! 

We saw lots of miracles with our converts. Like half of them have disappeared, they went on vacations or we tried calling them and they quite answering. But after a STRONG impression of the spirit we were able to find BRENDA!!!!! I was so happy. I have been so worried about her. She is so amazing and has the strongest testimony, but passed through a month of Trials and quit doing the church basics. We prayed and even fasted that we would be able to help our Converts and Heavenly Father answered our prayers. I think that is one of my favorite things about the mission, is that I can see how Heavenly Father answers us more. And the thing is that we don´t pray for us, we pray for them. Its been such a blessing to see the work progress here is Chillán. 

I had a minicambio with Hermana do Espíritu Santo. How sick is her name?!?!?! It was pretty good. The night before in planning we had the crazy idea (possibly the spirit??) that we should go to Crisol and work. el Crisol is like a creepy abandoned city. It looks like it belongs in a scary movie. I was always too scared to enter. But we did it. I got lost but we asked directions and found a way to enter houses. WE found a couple people. They were interesting. One old man had like 88 years. We tried teaching about the need to come unto Christ, even if you are old and about to die, but he was weird and started saying all the stuff that the Jehovah Witnesses say about us. And then he started singing an evangelica song. Then when we said the closing prayer he wanted to say it, but he said it in his head, so like 3 minutes later I just said AMEN and we left. Afterwords we died laughing.
 
We worked a lot with Jessenia. She got baptized yesterday. She is 10 and has lots of desires to do good. She is helping her mom to stop smoking and drinking tea. She also is just a really good example. Her mom is less active but still tries to do what is right. Before we started teaching them I went once with Hermana Romero. And after that I never wanted to go back. They always complained about the church and the things they couldn´t do because they were members. But then God really humbled them. And Jessenia was able to get baptized. She won't get confirmed for two weeks because I forgot that the next Sunday is stake conference...WOOPS;)

My life has been pretty crazy. There is so much I want to do. I just want to work as hard as I can for as long as I can. I know the only thing I can do is testify of the work. I was able to get a blessing on Tuesday morning to help me have more peace after the news that Ali passed away, and it was the best thing ever. I am so grateful for the Priesthood in my life. I have seen so many blessings this week. I am grateful for the chance to be here in the mission serving with all my HEART, MIGHT, MIND, and STRENGTH. 

I'm gonna keep working hard until the last minute. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!
Hermana Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment