Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Arrepentios Arrepentios

June 6, 2016

I just have no idea why time flies so fast! We have been working like crazy. I don´t know where the strength comes from. My companion is just killing it! I love working here with her. i am constantly humbled by her. She is such a Christ like example. We have grown a lot spiritually. Honestly it was hard when Hermana Romero left. I felt like I was doing it alone and that I had to step it up a lot to fill her shoes. But really we are teaching in unity and we are working hard, which is really the only thing I want to do right now.

I am constantly humbled by the circumstances of the members here. Recently we went to visit some members and share more with them. We applied the good old Como Comenzar a Enseñar. (how to begin to teach) And wow.....they all have struggles too. Heavenly Father trusts the missionaries so much. The members are passing through really difficult times. I feel bad that sometimes I got angry because they always canceled on us or didn´t want to go do visitas con nosotras. But I repented. 

Speaking of Repentance, I have been doing my personal studies about repentance and teaching boldly to prepare for Consejo con Presidente. (Council with President) I was reading examples about repentance. In almost every chapter of the Book of Mormon it talks about repentance or Christ. And that got me thinking about the importance of repentance. It isn´t just important for the people to prepare for baptism. It isn´t just important for the people who have committed serious crimes/sins. It's for all of us. I realized that I need to repent. Haha but really repentance is sooo crucial for our salvacion. 

En consejo hablamos de esto. Hablamos de la importancia de enseñar el principio de Arrepentimiento a los investigadores y prepararles para el bautismo y para hacer cambios en su vida. (In Council we talk about this. We talk about the importance of teaching the principle of repentance to investigators and to prepare them for baptism and to make changes in their life.) Wow I honestly felt the spirit so strong. It was awesome to listen to the Assistants teach and just feel all this spirituality. We did practices. I practiced with my Zone Leaders and wow...They teach really well together. We were able to see how calling people to repentance can really be a blessing. We talked about being BOLD. If you know me, I am timid...and shy. Sometimes I still freak out when we are in lessons for the first time. But don´t worry I have progressed a lot. We talked a lot about focusing on the commitments. That's the focus. We want them to progress we want them to have this repentance. 
And so here is the best part. This week we put in practice all we learned!!! Guess what!!! We had so much success!!! And we felt the spirit sooooo soooo sooo strong in the lessons. We taught a couple families and we found people that really needed to hear this message of repentance. We started teaching one investigator about the restoration and when we got to the compromisos he asked us when he could be baptized and how. WOW that was exactly what Presidente had promised us. I felt the spirit so strong. My companion felt the spirit so strong. la Hermana Fabiola, our member, felt the spirit sooooo strong. She told us afterwards that she loved going with us. 
Well i am out of time...sorry for the short kinda weird message of the week. I hope you learn something from what I have written. 

I love you sooooo much! Please don't be trunky! (She's calling me to repentance) Please Pray that I can PERSEVERAR HASTA EL FIN!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment