Tuesday, November 17, 2015

MisSIONary work (sion significa zion en espanol)



November 16, 2015

Guys can I just say that life is so much more rewarding as a missionary. We are teaching so many people and I feel like I haven´t done anything significant, yet we have about 6 or more lessons everyday. Seriously we run to the house every night and plan and we are about ready to DIE. I have never felt so good and tired at the same time. I love staying busy even if I get stressed out. I feel like I need two more of Hermana Heaton and I to do all the work and visit all the people. 

Like usual it was pretty crazy this week. We have the same investigators still and we are working with them to overcome their difficulties and challenges. And this week we found about 5 menos activos, which shouldn't be that hard because there are more than 1,000 miembros and only 170 come to church. We prayed to find new people and we have been finding, just in weird ways. We started up an English class a couple weeks ago and people are coming. Well actually just a family, but still!!!
 
Wanna hear a miracle this week (of course you do). We are teaching Camila, She is a teenager 14 years old. We had a lesson with her and her boyfriend. We have been teaching her for about 4 weeks and her parents HATED us when we first went in their house. Like after the first lesson I wanted to cry and never return. But we went back and we had another lesson with her parents on Halloween and it was one of the best lessons of my life. We had another lesson with her dad yesterday and we just felt the spirit so strong and they accepted the invitation to come to church and pray!!! Camila, Isaac (the bf) and Jorge (the dad). The mom wants us to come back and teach her too!!! YAY!!! MIRACLES ARE REAL!!!!

Roberto and FELIX (his son) came to church. I had to talk in church yesterday. I talked about obra misional (obvio)(missionary work) (obvious)and how it feels to be a convert. I talked about testimonies and conversion and how everyone even as a member needs to be converted or at least find their testimony. It was really spiritual for Roberto. I wrote my talk out in the morning but as soon as I stood up to speak I didn't look at my paper and just started talking. Don´t ask me what I said, but I know when I prayed that morning for the gift of tongues it WORKED!!!! 

I have never felt so much love and so much support from my Heavenly Father. Really the scripture in Ether 12 is true. I have never felt so weak as a missionary. And then I realize I need to rely on the power of God to help me. It is so amazing I have really felt the powers of Heaven helping us in the work. There is no way we can do this all alone. We should never have to do anything alone. We always have the help of our Savior, Jesucristo. It may just be little dumb things like finding the courage to invite someone to repent, or having to contact a huge group of jovenes. But really I know that Christ is there to support me. 

I just wanna leave you with the challenge that I have left all the members this week. I was listening to a talk one morning about the power of the Doctrine of Christ. I will send the link so you can read it but really it changed my life!!! So here is the challenge: Write your testimony or your feelings about the church in this moment on a piece of paper. When you are done staple it shut and put it in the back of your Book of Mormon. Start reading the Book of Mormon again, and look for doctrine of Christ. When you finish write your testimony. Then open your old testimony and look how much your testimony has grown. Really if you do this your life will change. You will live the gospel of Christ. and His spirit will be more fully in your life. I know that is true. I am going to finish reading the Book of Mormon as a mission in December, and I will start again and finish before Conference. I hope you can join me in the testimony challenge!! I love you!!!


Con MUCHO CARIÑO y AMOR!!!
Hermana Poulsonita (they put -ito o -ita on the end of every word)


No comments:

Post a Comment